solipsistic NATION No. 47: California Dreaming
I moved to San Diego from Boston in 2000 and after seven years in California I still feel like I’m living in a dream. The palm trees still delight me and the wide open skies still take my breath away.
While I was living in New England people told me time and time again that because of my laid back attitude that I should move to California. Originally I had planned to San Francisco but my plans changed when I met Danielle. We had begun dating and a few months before things became serious between us she had made plans to move back to her home in San Diego.
After driving with her cross country and visiting her city for a week she said I should move to San Diego. I was in love and what’s life without a few grand romantic gestures? So I moved to the west coast.
It’s a cliché: I moved for the girl and stayed for the weather.
On today’s solipsistic NATION I’m going to share the dream of California with you. All the bands who appear on this week’s show are from the left coast. If you close your eyes you can imagine the palm trees gently swaying against a big, blue sky while the music plays.
Photo credit: Scott Waterman
- Ooah “Hacksaw”
- DJ Frane “The Impossible Dream”
- Mono “Life in Mono”
- Heroin Skinny “Shape of Pain”
- The Moscow Coup Attempt “Do You Fear Sleep?”
- Halou “Honeythief”
- Moosefrog “En la Oscuridad (Ft. Anji Bee)”
- Lovespirals “Trouble”
- Doublehead Music “Work It Out”
- samix “ghostshrimp”
- Frog Pronounced Ball “Frogman”
- Maccar “Even if the Sonogram Reveals Weeds, I Am Still Giving Birth”
- KHURSOR “Authentic Power (Spatial Remix)”
- Robert Rich “Liquid Air”
- Promo: The Chillcast with Anji Bee
1:03:01 | 58.69 MB